The Community Foundation of the Kootenay Rockies is very pleased to support the following community projects.
Please contact us for more information.
CFKR WELCOMES DONATIONS TO THE SHELTER FOR UKRAINIANS FUND
- CFKR has entered into a three-year agency agreement with the Shelter for Ukrainians Society, to provide funding to assist individuals, who are fleeing war in Ukraine, with their temporary and/or permanent re-settlement needs such as shelter, essential supplies, and support services, in CFKR’s service are (i.e., Elkford, Sparwood, Fernie, Cranbrook, and the surrounding rural areas) as well as the neighbouring communities of Kimberley and Creston, with the potential to include other communities in the East and West Kootenays.
- CFKR is accepting charitable donations for this project, providing tax receipts to donors, and stewarding the funds.
- CFKR is offering several options for donations:
- Interac E-Transfer to [email protected] (In the notes, please include “Ukraine” as well as the donor’s full name and contact information)
- Cheque: Made out to “CFKR”, note “Ukraine” in the memo, mail to CFKR, Box 242, Cranbrook, BC, V1C 4H8 or deliver to CFKR office — Ground Floor Coworking Space, 131 7th S, Cranbrook, BC
- Cash: Deliver to CFKR office — Ground Floor Coworking Space, 131 7th S, Cranbrook, BC
- On-line credit card donations via the following link: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/71649
- Includes an additional processing fee
- Employer-Matching Donation Programs: Please ask your employer if they have a program to match their employees’ charitable donations. This is a quick and easy way to potentially double the value of your donation! For example, CFKR has an active account with Benevity, a service that many companies use for their employer-matching donation programs.
- In the future, following the conclusion of this initiative, any remaining funds will be carefully stewarded by CFKR, with the goal of directing them towards a similar purpose, including the potential to establish a new endowment fund
CFKR congratulates the Elk Valley Regional Land Trust (EVRLT)
In June 2021, CFKR entered into an agency agreement with EVRLT to support the purchase of privately held industrial forestry lands in the Elk Valley, conserving and protecting the lands for future generations. This agreement will wrap up in December 2022.
As per this agency agreement, CFKR accepted charitable donations for this project, provided tax receipts to donors, and stewarded the funds.
CFKR congratulates EVRLT on becoming a CRA-registered charity in May 2022 and wishes EVRLT all the best with their continued work.
CFKR is no longer accepting donations for this project and is very pleased to direct potential donors to the EVRLT website.
Kootenay East Youth Soccer Association (KEYSA) Indoor Sports Facility Project
CFKR offers our sincere congratulations to KEYSA on the successful completion of the dome structure, which has increased our community’s capacity for a variety of indoor sports throughout the year, including walking, soccer, baseball, lacrosse etc., as well as community events.
CFKR’s agency agreement with KEYSA ended on June 30, 2021.
We wish KEYSA all the best with the continued operation of this wonderful facility!
Homeless Shelter Project
Since 2009, the Community Foundation of the Kootenay Rockies has been honoured to steward funds for The Salvation Army’s proposed homeless shelter in Cranbrook. In late 2020, The Salvation Army confirmed that their project would not be proceeding and conveyed their support for these funds to be used for a similar purpose. After consulting with local service providers, CFKR learned that the current homeless shelter project is fully funded. Following a thorough due diligence process, CFKR was very pleased to establish the Addressing Homelessness Fund in late 2021. For more details, please see https://www.cfkrockies.ca/community-foundation-of-the-kootenay-rockies-establishes-the-addressing-homelessness-fund/